At least 10 days prior to sponsor deadline, all proposals must be administratively reviewed and approved in GU-PASS by the PI, department chair, and the Office of Sponsored Research. RDS proposal specialists work with the PI during the proposal development process and initiate the GU-PASS routing.
Components required for proposal review:
- Completed GU-PASS Checklist
- Budget and budget justification
- Proposal abstract or specific aims
- IRB review status or protocol approval (if relevant)
- IACUC review status or protocol approval (if relevant)
- Environmental Health & Safety review status pertaining to use of controlled substances, hazardous chemicals, or risks to the environment (if relevant)
- Any cost sharing or reduction in indirect costs (if required by sponsor)
- Information relating to any sub-recipients or independent contractors participating in the project
Upon receiving the proposal package in GU-PASS, the OSR Pre-Award Manager reviews the application for compliance with sponsor and University policies. Proposals received for review less than 10 days before the sponsor deadline are subject to conditional approval or rejection.