Georgetown University is a participating organization of the Federal Demonstration Partnership (FDP). View Georgetown’s profile on the FDP Clearinghouse.
Indirect Cost Rates
- Research: 56.0%
- Instruction: 44.0%
- Other Sponsored Activities: 35.5%
- Research, Instruction, and Other Sponsored Activities: 26.0%
Our Federally Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreement is negotiated every three years. The Office of Financial Affairs provides more information about Georgetown’s cost rate agreement.
Fringe Benefit Rates
- Faculty & Staff Fringe: 29.8%
- Fellow Fringe: 24.4%
- MedStar Fringe: 17.65%
- Graduate Student Fringe: 0.0%
- Part-Time (50%-74%) Employees: 12.25%
- Part-Time (1%-49%) & Temporary Employees Fringe: 8.20%
- MedStar (non-GUH) Fringe: 20.9%
These rates are current as of July 2021. Georgetown’s Office of Financial Affairs negotiates the fringe benefit rate annually with the DHHS Division of Cost Allocation.