Some top sources of biomedical research funding are listed below to assist Medical Center investigators and staff as they identify sponsored research funding opportunities.
Federal Agency Links
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Department of Defense (DOD) Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Administration for Children and Families (ACF)
- Administration for Community Living (ACL)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Foundations & Associations
Georgetown University Office of Foundation Relations (OFR)
The Office of Foundation Relations (OFR) can assist investigators in exploring funding opportunities from private foundations with such services as research on foundations, application preparation and review and submission to the sponsor.
eBRAP is the new Electronic Biomedical Research Application Portal serving USAMRMC, USAMRAA, CDMRP, TATRC, DHP. eBRAP (eBRAP) is designed to allow Principal Investigators (PIs) to submit their pre-applications electronically over the Internet through a secure connection, and view and edit the contents of their pre-applications and full applications, as submitted through Grants.gov. PIs can access eBRAP home page at https://eBRAP.org/. A pre-application is required for all applications submitted to CDMRP. Full applications must be submitted through Grants.gov. For information about pre-application and full application preparation and forms, please refer to the Program Announcements and Forms section in eBRAP or www.Grants.gov.