The Office of Research Development Services (RDS) provides assistance to faculty and staff in the submission of all sponsored research grant, contract and cooperative agreement applications. RDS staff members help investigators prepare and route the required proposal documents necessary for institutional review and approval. Staff members:
- Assist faculty with identifying funding opportunities
- Review all funding opportunity announcements (e.g., RFA, PA, RFP) and other solicitation mechanisms to ensure applications are complete and respond fully to sponsor requests
- Work with Principal Investigators on all sponsored research applications and proposals for timely and effective submission, including competing and non-competing applications
- Assure that all applications comply with University and sponsor policies
- Maintain a shared directory of files included in standard text, as well as application forms and agency guidelines
- Track and report on pending proposals for Georgetown University Medical Center researchers
- Work with the Office of Sponsored Research to set up outgoing subcontracts and consulting agreements
- Collaborate with other University and Medical Center administrative offices to support the submission of applications and management of sponsored awards
- Provide administrative support for multi-investigator awards as needed
Office Location and Staff Assignments
The Office of Research Development Services (RDS) is organized in a team structure to efficiently accommodate the needs of the researchers within the Medical Center. Each staff member is assigned to the Basic Science Group or the Clinical and Population Science Group, which are then organized by department. This team structure allows staff members to develop specialized experience and efficient working relationships with investigators.
Research Development Services is located in Building D, Suite 277, Med-Dent, Room NE317 and the New Research Building, Suite W417. We also have "office hours" on Tuesday afternoons in St. Mary's and Tuesdays/Thursdays in the Harris Building (Wisconsin Avenue). Staff contact information is provided here .